Nytorv in Aalborg
Nytorv in Aalborg was built in the very center of the city in 1604. In the old days, the square was called ‘Hestetorvet'(“Horse square)” as it was used for horse trading.
Today, Nytorv is one of the city’s busiest squares for cyclists and pedestrians. Many shops and businesses are located here, including Salling, Friis Shopping Center and the Main Library.
The Nytorv / Østerågade intersection at the western end of Nytorv has a square-like appearance and is considered by many to be Aalborg’s most central location.
The paving on Nytorv is natural stone tiles, where strength joints from Lithomex’s L-series have been used toinhibit weeds.